[asterisk-users] How to stop intruder from registering sip?

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 19:03:21 CDT 2010

Fred Posner wrote:
> On Jun 11, 2010, at 5:55 PM, sean darcy wrote:
>
>> This is a small 12 line system, internal extensions 150 - 180. I didn't
>> have a phone on 151. Here's the sip.conf stanza:
>> --snip--
>> There's no DISA. And then somehow (how???) ip address 79.117.17.247
>> becomes extension 151 and starts making calls to West Africa.
>>
>> Now contactdeny and contactpermit over solve the problem. For instance,
>> I can't register with my voip provider. I don't care about peers who I
>> make calls to, or receive calls from. I'm just stunned someone can
>> become a peer and make calls themselves.
>>
>> How do I fix this in some reasonable way.
>>
>> sean
>
> What is the default context in sip.conf? Does it allow outbound calls?

;###################
;DEFAULT CONTEXT
;###################

[default]
exten=>_1XX,1,Macro(stdexten,${EXTEN},SIP/${EXTEN})
exten=>777,1,Answer()
exten=>777,2,Musiconhold(default)
exten=>80,1,MeetMe(80)
exten=>_140,1,Dial(${OPERATOR})

exten => i,1,Playback(pbx-invalid)
exten => i,n,Goto(did-main,s,1)

include=>record
include=>parkedcalls
include=>conferences
include=>voicemail
include=>admin
include=>intercom-group
include=>blf
include=>blf-group

No outgoing contexts.

> Do you have autocreatepeer=no?

No. I've never heard of autocreatepeer, but as I read about it, it
defaults to NO.

> Fred Posner
> http://qxork.com

How does anyone do this?