[asterisk-users] OT: Free DID/SIP accounts

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at cyber-office.net
Fri Jun 11 17:20:12 CDT 2010

Steve Edwards wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>
>> OT => Old Topic.
>>
>> Any suggestions for free DID/SIP accounts?
>>
>> The local Linux User Group would like to see how to set up an Asterisk
>> system.  And in case I can't find or remember who I loaded my TDM400
>> card to (and because it makes sense) I'd like do a (SIP) connection to a
>> DID provider.  Heck not even sure I can get to an Analog line where we
>> meet.
>>
>> I searched voip-info.org and used Google but didn't find a lot I could
>> sink my cyber-teeth into.
>
> You need to work on your "googling" skilz :)
>
> Googling for "voip-info.org free sip did" brought up
>
>  	http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/DID+Service+Providers

Actually I was there and found one that looked good but I didn't want to
pollute the message.  If anyone said "check out 'Acme SIP & DID" then I
knew I had found a good one.  :-)

> as the first link. You didn't say where you are in the world, but
> sipgate.[at|com|de] seems to be popular.

Actually the in the US.  Inland Northwest.  North Idaho if anyone is
interested.

I'll check out sipgate.com  (No it is not "Acme SIP & DID".)

\\||/
Rod