[asterisk-users] Using 5th gen TE420 with Asterisk 1.2?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 17:15:30 CDT 2010

<rant level="mild">
I tried emailing support and got a rejection notice saying to go via
the website, which then wants registered product details before it
will let me enter a support request. Unfortunately, the card was
bought by my customer, not by me :-( So I'll just have to ask here...
</rant>

I am currently trying to replicate an existing system build using new
hardware, which includes a TE420 5th Generation. This is the first
time I have used a 5gen card.

The problem I have is that the system I am replicating uses Asterisk
1.2 and Zaptel (1.2 or 1.4). However, it appears that the 5g cards are
only supported under DAHDI, which in turn is not known about by
Asterisk 1.2

I have looked for the PCI ID d161:1420 and can only find it in
wct4xxp/base.c under dahdi, not under zaptel/1.4.

What are my options for using the TE420 5g with Asterisk 1.2? It is
not currently practical for me to move to a more recent version of
Asterisk, because it contains significant customisations that I have
not yet ported to later versions.

Cheers
Tony

--