[asterisk-users] Loud Noise when trying to call through PSTN.

Arun Sasidhar arun.sasidhar at cabotsolutions.com
Thu Jun 10 05:32:02 CDT 2010

Hi,

     I am using Asterisknow 1.5. And TDM400P card for interfacing with PSTN
line. This setup was working without any problem. But now it is showing
issues. When I try to call through PSTN, there is a continuous large noise
is hearing from the SIP phone. And can't make the call. When I try to call
the PSTN number from mobile there is only engaged tone is hearing. And also
the Asterisk server is hanging frequently with lighting all the LEDs in the
TDM400p cards.

The SIP to SIP calls are working fine.

Is this a hardware issue? The TDM400P is under warranty.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Arun S