[asterisk-users] Re : Re : Controlling calls

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Jun 7 14:05:09 CDT 2010

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010, Adil Zaaraoui wrote:

> We are logged using 200 account, it exists in IAX.conf, so user 200
> calls 777, is that right i think?

Not "call" (implying dial()), "goto" a new context (so we have a "clean
environment"), where we have a dial() command. You want to put the goto in
the context that is set in iax.conf for 200.

> We did not write dial(IAX2/777|60) but i wrote what you wrote exten=>
> 777,1, Goto(absolute-timeout-test,777,1) and we got the the result as
> shown in the previous post. User 200, and 400 are registred and they
> exist in iax.conf, so user 200 call 777, is that right?

> >  -- Executing [777 at IAX:1] Dial("IAX2/200-7016", "IAX2/777|60") in new stack

You executed dial. This is what a goto would look like:

>    -- Executing Goto("SIP/501-091068b0", "absolute-timeout-test|777|1") in new stack

> I catched ths S option, but i think this should be in my dialplan, not
> in my script, because it goes with Dial application.

I think we should set the AGI aside until you have it working in the
dialplan.

> But the S i can know it after i get minutes from my DB for the caller,
> is there a way to save it in the script as a variable and get it in the
> Dial extension.

Yes. Once you have this working in your dialplan with "hard-coded" values,
you want to look through the documentation for your AGI library and see
how to set a channel variable. I'm not a Java programmer and I don't know
which library you are using, but I'm guessing it would look something like
"getChannel().setChannelVariable('SECONDS-REMAINING', '60')." In the C
library I wrote, it is 'agi_set_variable("STATUS", "SUCCESS").'

--
Thanks in advance,