[asterisk-users] Using Local in queues a good idea? (or at least not a very bad idea?)

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Sat Jun 5 16:58:12 CDT 2010

Håkon Nessjøen <haakon at avelia.no> writes:

> But for a few years ago, I did some testing with Local/ channels, and they
> seemed somewhat unstable in large quantity.
>
> Are they more safe now? Is it safe to use local channels with the /n
> modifier as queue members? (i need the n modifier to be able to count
> continous calls using the h extension).

They are pretty good in late 1.6.0.x at least.

There are some issues though. E.g. Queue sometimes has trouble
determining whether a given extension is busy or not, and therefore
sends calls to a busy extension. When you return Busy in your Local
channel and the queue is set to ringall, Queue just sends the call right
back into the Local channel, causing load problems. Workaround: Detect
whether the call comes from a queue with ringall strategy and do a
Wait(1000) instead of returning Busy.

/Benny