[asterisk-users] Still sipping frustration - only getting state ACK

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Sat Jun 5 15:16:27 CDT 2010

Hello everyone!
   I still am not much further along with my sip calling. I changed my sip.conf
taking suggestions from the net (voip-info.org in particular). I changed
iptel's position from friend to peer. I turned on and off nat, I chose
different codecs in first place, entered my outward IP as fromdomain and
uncommented the register directive with correct values.
   All I get is two registrations now, but no calls.  get a registration effort
every 225secs and it succeeds. But when I make a call;
channel originate sip/iptel-out/echo at iptel.org Application playback
vm/net_ring
   The call is onlyleft in state ACK for a while. Then asterisk tells me, that
it is destroying the sip dialog (long ID) INVITE.
   Question: Might it be a problem, that my system only knows itself as
192.168.*. Do I need to set something else than externip?
   Might it be, that my router really blocks certain ports? I can't check it,
since it's heavily javascript based and, since I'm blind and the accessibility
software for the GUI never really worked on this distro, I don't have a
browser to look at it.
   Do I need to forward port 5060 to my machine specifically (like it is needed
for SSH's port 22), or is the mechanism based on: I talk first and the sever
gets back to me based on that.
   This configuration worked for googletalk. I admit, there were problems, but
calls were coming through from both sides.
   Please can someone help me clear up this mess. I'm completely frustrated and
don't know what else to do, where else to look.
   Kindly yours and thanks in advance
             JUlien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net