[asterisk-users] How do you hangup a call without terminating your session?

hugolivude hugolivude at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 07:30:42 CDT 2010

Asterisk 1.6
CentOS 5.0

All -

I'd like to offer my users the ability to hangup a call by pressing **.  I'm
using an attendant, so when ** is dialled I'd like processing to return to
the attendant so the user can place a subsequent call.  I have setup
features.conf to include:

   [featuremap]
   disconnect => **

My Dial command looks like this:

   Dial("SIP/14165551212@<
MyProvider>,30,TgH,"")

This Dial command is buried in a context that is called using the Gosub
command.  When I press ** the Dial command exits and processing continues as
expected given the 'g' option, but when processing returns to the calling
context after the Return statement is reached, the call is terminated.  What
am I missing?

I noticed that the h extension gets called in the calling function, so I
tried trapping that to send processing back to the attendant but that didn't
work either (it's probably too late that that point anyway).  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Hugh