[asterisk-users] originating a sip call from the CLI

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Fri Jun 4 18:54:09 CDT 2010

Hello again!
   I just got a SIP account and it seems - from a config on the net -, that
I've configured it correctly. But I get no call to the outside. Registration
was OK.
   I tried:
channel originate sip/1/echo at iptel.org Application ...
   I see the channel active for a while, but no call gets established.
   In my config I have defined the section [iptel] for the outgoing call and I
tried [iptel_in] for incoming calls, but commented it out again. My
extensions.conf context is called sip-in.
   I didn't find an originate syntax on the web. I found a dial syntax, but I'm
not sure it is the right thing.
   Can anyone please help.
   Kindest regards
            Julien