[asterisk-users] <UsingWaitorPlaybackinhextension at gmail.com>,

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Jun 4 07:14:56 CDT 2010

On 06/04/2010 02:07 PM, Philipp von Klitzing wrote:
> Hi Kevn!
>
>> When the 'h' extension is running, the call legs have already been torn
>> down. There is no way to delay this happening, and you can't do anything
>> in the 'h' extension that needs to read audio from the channel (since no
>> audio will appear, the first time it tries to read audio it will abort).
>
> Allright - and Wait(x) also does not work in this case - could you
> explain that background to this as well? In general it'd be helpful to
> have a basic guide of what works and what doesn't in the h extension.
>
> I'll add that info also to the Wiki (unless you disagree, of course).

It doesn't even make any sense to call Background(), since there's no
caller to play prompts to, nor is there a caller who could enter digits
to select an extension to jump to.

Essentially, the only things that make sense to use in the 'h' extension
are those that don't have anything to do with the external channel that
was involved before the hangup. No audio, no DTMF, etc.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com