[asterisk-users] <UsingWaitorPlaybackinhextension at gmail.com>,

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Jun 4 06:11:11 CDT 2010

On 06/03/2010 08:22 PM, Steve Edwards wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2010, Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:
>
>> Can somebody please confirm that Wait or Playback commands can't be used
>> in h extension. This is for asterisk 1.4. Is there a way to delay the
>> hangup by a new seconds once the call is over? Using 'g' option in the
>> Dial command is not an option in my case. Is there a list of commands
>> which can and which can't be used in the h extension?
>
> Not really interested enough in the answer to try it either, but, if you
> don't care about ugly you could try "system(sleep x)" or "agi(sleep)."

When the 'h' extension is running, the call legs have already been torn
down. There is no way to delay this happening, and you can't do anything
in the 'h' extension that needs to read audio from the channel (since no
audio will appear, the first time it tries to read audio it will abort).

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com