[asterisk-users] DAHDI volume

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Fri Jun 4 04:20:49 CDT 2010

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 08:24:11 -0500, "Danny Nicholas"
<danny at debsinc.com> wrote:
>Txgain/rxgain in dahdi.conf control this - you will have to restart asterisk
>on each change to test the values to set to your liking - my settings are
>rxgain=8.0
>txgain=4.0

Out of curiosity...

I noticed that when playing back a message I recorded, volume* is
lower on an Atcom IP01 appliance running Asterisk/Zaptel, than it its
when using an Asterisk/Dahdi on a PC, where the client is the same
(XLite on a PC with headset).

Could this difference be due to a difference in hardware, or due to
changes between Zaptel and Dahdi?

Thank you.

* don't know if it's when recording from the microphone or playing
through the headphone