[asterisk-users] Small VoIP company looking for Asterisk Scalability and Maintenance Engineer

James Lamanna jlamanna at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 18:00:18 CDT 2010

Hi,

I work for a small VoIP provider in Southern California. We are looking
for someone very knowledgeable in Asterisk to help work on the following:

- Maintenance of current Asterisk servers, updating Asterisk, monitoring
load, and other sysadmin tasks
- Devise and implement high-availability strategies for the current
servers including fail-over procedures
- Devise and implement scalability strategies so that adding additional
capacity is easy and does not compromise anything about the current system
- Troubleshooting call routing issues through Asterisk by examining log
files or other means

Candidates should have the following experience:
- Minimum 3 years working with Asterisk
- Have worked in an environment with a significant number of phones (>500)
- Have already implemented strategies for scalability and
high-availability in other environments.

We are a small company, so you will have latitude as to what strategies
you are able to implement, however any strategy must be written up and
agreed upon by the team before any implementation starts.

This is a part-time contractor position. We are located in Southern California,
and while having someone local would be ideal, telecommuting is an option.
Hourly rate DOE.

Please email all resumes directly to me at jlamanna at gmail.com

Thank you.

-- James