[asterisk-users] Error compiling DAHDI...

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Thu Jun 3 16:02:38 CDT 2010

The resolution [1] to this issue was to uninstall and reinstall [2]
the kernel headers on the machine...just in case anyone else runs into
this issue and would like to know how it was solved.

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=17411

[2] run these commands to reinstall kernel headers:
]# yum remove kernel-devel
]# yum install kernel-devel

Thanks,
--Warren Selby

On May 25, 2010, at 9:48 PM, Warren Selby <wcselby at selbytech.com> wrote:

> I was at a client site tonight to install OSLEC on his machine
> running asterisk 1.6.0.22 and DAHDI 2.2.1 installed via yum.  I
> stopped asterisk and DAHDI, downloaded the latest version of DAHDI
> 2.2.1 (dahdi-linux-complete-2.2.1.2+2.2.1.1) and made the necessary
> changes to compile OSLEC with DAHDI, but I ran into compilation
> issues that I had never seen before.  So as a test I deleted my /usr/
> src/dahdi/ directory, re-expanded my tarball (so that I had a
> vanilla DAHDI package), and tried to compile it again, and I got the
> same errors.  I have not seen these errors before, and I'm not sure
> what would cause them.  Can anyone help shed some light on this?
>
> The 'make' output:

*snip*