[asterisk-users] Persuing the gtalk issue - not only jack-related

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Thu Jun 3 02:18:53 CDT 2010

Hello Kyle!
   Earlier I was listening to my voicemail using my ISDN-card and a simple
telephone. But this card is no longer supported. So I just go to:
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/1234/INBOX
   Then of course I use JACK. I seems some doesn't work as expected. I have the
feeling, the person gets recorded right from the start of the conversation and
dropped off, that my_message-seconds earlier.
   In my extensions.conf I use
playback(message)
voicemail(1234,s)
   I could try SIP to isolate the problem. What would your recommendation for a
simple SIP-account be (where to go)? Can you recommend an echo-service or even
better a kind of welcome-service in a ddition, so I won't have to rely on my
input and output at the same time. :-(
   thanks and kindest regards
             Julien

--------