[asterisk-users] HElP me I am a beginner

Randy R randulo2008 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 01:30:17 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 7:57 AM, prashant shrestha
<prashantshrestha at live.com> wrote:
> I am completely new to the asterisk so can any one help me with it
> as I have some questions queries

Welcome to the Asterisk community, Prashant

> 1. first n for most what are the tools/equipment that I need
>  for eg a Computer, and a net connection is it all that I need for simple
> head start to get hands on the asterisk

Add a SIP client to your list and it will be complete. There are many
free ones on various platforms.

Take a look at http://voip-info.org or  the VoIP forums on
dlsreports.com for general information. Find someone patient enough to
keep telling you to use Google or look up the info on the net by
getting on the Asterisk IRC channel. If you don't use IRC clients, go
here: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=asterisk

> and cam please any one send me all the copies from vol 1 to vol 70 every
> issue

If you mean the mailing list, you will find every message in the archive:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/

I'm sure many helpful comments are about to follow...

<giggle>

/r