[asterisk-users] no sound between extensions

Gary Baribault gary at baribault.net
Tue Jun 1 14:19:34 CDT 2010

Hello all,

   I have Asterisk 1.4.26 installed on an OpenSuSE 11.2 server with a
Digium 8 port FXO card. The local network is 100Mbps Ethernet and my
phones are Linksys SPA-921 or Linksys Analog adaptors.

   The phones are setup with DHCP, and are on the same flat non-routed
network. There is no NAT involved.

   If I call from extension 6000 to extension 6001, or vice-versa both
are SPA-921s. The 6001 rings, but when the phone is picked up, I have
no sound. I have the same problem between any phones in the system,
but this is the simplest example.

   Incoming calls and outgoing calls work fine, sound is correct.
Voice mail works fine as well, the IVR works great.

   Any ideas?

Gary Baribault