[asterisk-users] OT: Windows TAPI command-line driver

Tue Jun 1 07:34:47 CDT 2010

Hi Mike!

You are using wrong wording - with TAPI driver usually the TAPI service
provider is meant, e.g. see http://www.ipcom.at/en/telephony/siptapi/tapi/

So, the TSP offers lines to the TAPI subsystem. These lines can be used
by TAPI applications. Typical TAPI applications are dialer.exe (comes
with Windows), phoner.de, Outlook, and many CRM applications.

If you want to call a phone number from any application, then you have 2
choices:
1. The application implements TAPI functionality (e.g done by Outlook)
2. The application just calls the function tapiRequestMakeCall(). This
will trigger a phone call using the default TAPI application (usually
dialer.exe). This is for example done in dial.exe
(http://www.iansharpe.com/art_dial.php), but does nto work reliable on
terminal servers.

There are tools available that can detect phone numbers on web sites and
trigger a certain action when clicking them. You can google such tools
and configure them to start a TAPI dialer.

regards
Klaus