[asterisk-users] 1.8.0 beta2: courtesy tone being played to callee

covici at ccs.covici.com covici at ccs.covici.com
Sat Jul 31 10:56:37 CDT 2010

Leif Madsen <leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org> wrote:

> On 7/29/2010 8:30 PM, covici at ccs.covici.com wrote:
> > Hi.  I am using *1 in features to initiate a mix monitor recording.
> > However, when I hit *1, the callee hears the courtesy tone which I have,
> > so I know when the recording is started or stopped.  This is a problem,
> > particularly in automated system where the beep is mistaken for a tone
> > or other problems.
> >
> > Should I file a bug, or is this going to be fixed?
>
> This doesn't really sound like a bug to me, but it's hard to tell
> without any debugging information.
>
> Please provide the configuration you're using along with the console
> output of the dialplan showing what is happening during a call. Likely
> because you're executing (a macro?) on the other channel, that whatever
> tone you're executing is being played to the other channel because
> you're executing the entire feature on the other channel. I'm just
> speculating at this point though.
Well, this did not happen in 1.6.2, so I figured it was a regression.
Here are the lines from the log once the call was answered and after the
dtmf for the *1

[Jul 29 20:31:03] VERBOSE[22300] file.c:     -- <SIP/202-0000005b>
Playing 'beep.gsm' (language 'en')
[Jul 29 20:31:04] VERBOSE[22300] file.c:     -- <SIP/flowroute-0000005c>
Playing 'beep.gsm' (language 'en')
Why the second line?

How do
you spend it?