[asterisk-users] Aastra phones occasionally show "No Service" - Is there any network setting I can tamper to facilitate a quick DHCP renewal on the Aastra phones?

bruce bruce bruceb444 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 09:06:38 CDT 2010

Now that I check again, I see that DNSMasq for DHCP and DNSMasq for DNS is
NOT enabled. Which one should I enable and also can you please detail what
DNSMasq really does?

With my situation, only some of the phones go off randomly. But it is a few
specific extensions I think. Not the server itself. At best, I can think of
a cable or two jacked improperly into the patch panel and that's all which
MAYBE the cause for failing of DNS.

Thanks,
Bruce