[asterisk-users] FreeTDS (Microsoft MsSQL 2008) and CDR

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jul 31 03:59:16 CDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 07:15:00AM -0400, Fred Posner wrote:
> On Jul 30, 2010, at 5:04 AM, Andraž wrote:
>
> > Ok, problem is another, when I run configure, it write this:
> > checking for tds_version in -ltds... no
> > configure: ***
> > configure: *** The FreeTDS installation on this system appears to be broken.
> > configure: *** Either correct the installation, or run configure
> > configure: *** without explicitly specifying --with-tds
> > ODBC is not a good solution, only if I can change the names of CDR fields.

Hmm.... what was the exact '--with-tds' option you used? Have you passed
any explicit path?

> > How can I "repair" the installlation?

If the above: try just not passing any explicit path. Or maybe even
skipping this option altogether.

Also:

> Have you tried installing freetds from source?

This suggestion does not make sense to me.

The package 1.6.2 I have here builds cdr_tds just fine. The Ubuntu
package likewise:

  http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/amd64/asterisk/filelist

As you can see from its build dependencies:

  http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/lucid/asterisk

It depends on libfreetds-dev

Have you installed it?

As a rule of thumb, using: