[asterisk-users] perform tasks outside a dial-plan (not during a call)

Harel Cohen harel at easycall.gi
Fri Jul 30 08:17:46 CDT 2010

Hi all,
Can the Asterisk do “things” not during a call? For example I would like to change my dial plan during certain hours\dates or I would like to check some information in the astdb (e.g. counters of al sort) and handle it as required and so on. All of this is not call-related therefore I don’t know if I can somehow do it using the dial-plan applications\functions. I know I can do chron jobs on the Linux level but for maintenance and readability I would prefer to do these tasks from within the Asterisk.
Is it possible to configure the Asterisk to perform routine tasks on certain times or certain intervals?
Thanks,
Harel