[asterisk-users] How can i switch to samba server omitting sshfs

Janu Mukherjee janu.mukhi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 05:01:22 CDT 2010

Hi,

When the record file method is called by FAGI, the Asterisk server saves the
file on its localmachine. This needs to be sent to the ASR server machine so
that the ASR can decode the file.
Similarly, when Festival synthesizes speech, the wav file is stored on the
Festival server machine and needs to be sent to the Asterisk server machine
so that Asterisk can play it back.For now, we have been mapping drives so
that the ASR and Asterisk server share a folder where the recorded files are
stored and the Asterisk server and Festival server share a folder where the
synthesized files are stored. We do this using sshfs.

I now want to go with samba server. Because there can be so many machines
connected to asterisk server. So i now have to create directory specific to
a user and store the files. This is the requirement. How can i achieve this.
Please help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,
Jahnavi.