[asterisk-users] asterisk-users Digest, Vol 72, Issue 81

Nasir Javaid nasirjavaidnasir at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 02:13:57 CDT 2010

 thanks for your reply but i did not meant that. ${CALLERID(DNID)} will
return then number which i don't want. what i want is channel-id like if we
have a user named "nasir", then we dial it as follows

Dial(SIP/nasir)

but actual channel-id that asterisk uses is something like " nasir-2b487e9".
and on the asterisk cli we can check this when call is answered or hangup,
asterisk attaches some random id with username.

i am dialing sip uri using "Dial(SIP/119.26.18.235:5062)" which causes
changed INVITE adn TO headers, so i want to get the channel-id that asterisk
internally uses do dial it.

if we use ChanIsAvail(SIP/nasir) or ChanIsAvail(SIP/192.168.0.10:5062) this
works on Local LAN and it returns "SIP/192.168.0.10:5062-3fe934f4" , but
when asterisk is on Live Ip and users are behind Router then this function
gives error of unknow host. so i want to know if there is any other function
that does this job.

so what is want is to get this channel-id ( like nasir-2487e9) and dial it
like

 Dial(SIP/nasir-2487e9) or Dial(SIP/119.26.18.235:5062-34e984b)"

hope this clears what i wanna do.