[asterisk-users] Aastra phones occasionally show "No Service" - Is there any network setting I can tamper to facilitate a quick DHCP renewal on the Aastra phones?

bruce bruce bruceb444 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 21:35:42 CDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

I am running DD-WRT on a router that feeds about 30 Aastra 6753i. The phones
occasionally go into "No Service" mode. The POE switch doesn't seem to be
the problem as it's tested fine. I think the router sometimes gives up and
comes back quickly. Or something of that nature. However, the connections
are maintained if a call is going on because there are peer to peer
connections between the phones in a network. Anyhow, if the phones are
restarted they work fine.

So, I was looking around the Aastra Admin UI to find any timer to lower it
to 1 second to check and make sure the device always has an ip but I can't
seem to find anything other than LLDP which is set at 30 and I don't think
that will be of any help.

I did a test where I would disconnect the router from the switch and after a
while phones go into "No Service" but if I plug it back into the switch the
phones do not come back right away. Maybe something should be dialed on the
phone or wait long time or restart it to work again.

Any work around?

Thanks a lot