[asterisk-users] Clustering concept

unserossi at aol.com unserossi at aol.com
Thu Jul 29 16:04:30 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I am   wondering if the Clustering concept described in Leif Madsens   presentation

http://comunidad.asterisk-es.org/documentos/astricon2008/why-cluster-an-introduction-to-asterisk-clustering-and-database-integration-astricon-2008.pdf

is still up to date or if there are newer   or improved features available with 1.6 (or 1.8) to build an easy scalable and   highly available Asterisk infrastructure?

Maybe someone knows of   configuration examples or howtos for building a HA cluster with the most   actual features?

Probably the biggest difference I can think of is that all of the features in the "future" section at the end are now in released versions of Asterisk.  The other thing that is in 1.8 betas that may be of interest is distributed device states and MWI over XMPP PubSub.  There are some interesting use-cases there that can provide some nifty unified communications integrations that just doing distributed device states over OpenAIS can't.

Regards,
- Brad

--
Thanks so far Brad.

Do you know if it is possible to interconnect 1.6 with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 and use the Office
Communicator as a softclient for telephone calls and the Communicator for Instant Messaging? I believe you can set up a mediation
server within MOC but i don't know if this works in real life. Maybe someone here has this setup running? What I also wonder
is if the state in Communicator client would change to "in a call" if a call is made from Communicator via Asterisk. AFAIK MOC itself cannot
directly communicate with a PSTN so Asterisk could be a perfect supplemental.