[asterisk-users] ignorant question about Digium cards and MeetMe

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 15:35:37 CDT 2010

So historically I've done one of two things on systems where I've
needed to use MeetMe

* used a real Digium card, and I've only ever used a TE400 or a TE420
for that purpose, and I know they have the timing chip
* used dahdi_dummy, which works well with light load, but I had it
running on a very overloaded server and had audio quality issues. I
may have had quality issues even with a real Digium card, but it was
impossible to isolate the problem on an overloaded server

So here's my actual question...

When I go through the Digium phone cards on the website,

* TE420 mentions 'synchronization' between channels
* TE220 mentions 'synchronization' between channels
* TE121P does not mention 'synchronization'

Does this mean that TE220 is the 'minimum' Digium phone card that
still provides the timing / synchronization circuitry that MeetMe uses
for mixing?