[asterisk-users] How to extract channel-id of a user or peer

Nasir Javaid nasirjavaidnasir at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 10:28:24 CDT 2010

Hi,

my question is how can i get channel-id of a user or peer. I tried using
ChanIsAvail(username). this works correctly when user and asterisk are on
Local LAN. But my asterisk server is on public ip and users are behind nat,
and so this method says unknow host when used on public asterisk server.

I also tried built-in variable ${CHANNEL}, but this returns the channel-id
of the calling channel. but i want channel-id of called user.

can anyone help what can i do.

best regards,

Nasir Javaid