[asterisk-users] Urgent help = RUBY & AGI

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Jul 29 08:46:11 CDT 2010

I can't even spell RUBY, so I don't have a clue as to how the AGI works.  I
do know a little bit about AGI in general.  The way I typically run my AGI's
is something like this:

exten => 933,1,Answer

exten => 933,n,Set(ABA=777702107)

exten => 933,n,Set(city=Birmingham)

exten => 933,n,Set(state=AL)

exten => 933,n,Set(zip=35244)

exten =>
933,n,AGI(cityweather.agi,${ABA},${city},${state},${zip},${CHANNEL(language)
})

exten => 933,n,hangup()

I'm a PERL weenie, so I can "shell check" my agi's by going to
/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin and doing

./cityweather.agi 777702107 Birmingham AL 35244 en

And getting back a STDOUT output that simulates what I should get from the
CLI output.