[asterisk-users] Registering 2 phone numbers to same router

jwexler at mail.usa.com jwexler at mail.usa.com
Thu Jul 29 01:19:12 CDT 2010

Folks,

My isp's router limits registrations to only 1 phone number per interface
(i.e., by MAC Address).

I am struggling to get around this limitation.

In sip.conf, I have:

rt200ne=192.168.40.1

register => 3:password:username at 192.168.40.1/phone1

register => 4:password:username at 192.168.40.1/phone2

(where phone1 and phone2 are the phone numbers that I am trying to
register). The router will only allow one of them to register.

Server is ubuntu 10.04 and Asterisk is 1.4.33.1

I have tried using iptables, ip route and route -n none of which work. I can
access the router via http and a nat ip such as 192.168.40.3 but cannot
register via that due to some peculiarity with the asterisk register and/or
the rt200ne statements.

What other workarounds should I try? Should I try to run another Asterisk
process for registering the 2nd phone number and forward to the main
asterisk? Seems like there are restrictions for running more than one
instance of Asterisk. If that is the most viable workaround, how would I do
that?

I would greatly appreciate any help on this.

Thanks