[asterisk-users] app_swift.c:338 engine: Failed to set voice

Landy Landy landysaccount at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 19:33:53 CDT 2010

> Do you have cepstral installed and have the voice(s)
> registered ?
> try: swift --voices

asterisk:~# swift --voices

Swift command-line synthesis program
Version 5.1.0 of July 2008
Copyright (c) 2000-2006, Cepstral LLC.

Voice      | Version | Lic? | Gender | Age | Language         | Sample Rate
-----------|---------|------|--------|-----|------------------|------------
Marta      | 5.1.0   | No   | female | 30  | Americas Spanish | 16000 Hz

> assuming swift is installed an a valid voice is
> registered,
> what happens when you type: swift "Test Message" -o
> /tmp/file.wav
>
> is /tmp/file.wav created ?  does it play ?

This creates the file and if I download it to my machine I can listen to it.

> what is the output of: grep ^[a-z]
> /etc/asterisk/swift.conf

asterisk:/home/landysaccount# grep ^[a-z] /etc/asterisk/swift.conf
buffer_size=65535
goto_exten=no
voice=Marta-8kHz|David-8kHz

> somewhere should say "voice=X".  Is that voice
> installed as per the
> above "swift --voices" command ?
>
> also, if you're going to be dialing digits with swift,
> you'll probably
> run into detection issues unless you use my patch at
> http://jeremy.kister.net/code/app_swift-1.6.2.patch

I had to patch that file in order for me to be able to install swift.