[asterisk-users] Asterisk unresponsive

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Jul 28 16:45:57 CDT 2010

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, Danny Nicholas wrote:

> Assuming you aren’t “around the clock” operation, why not just set up a
> cron to do an asterisk –rx “restart now” at say 4.00 am local time each
> day
>
> Crontab –e
>
> Correction 0 4  * * * /usr/sbin/asterisk –rx “restart now”

Not a big fan of band-aids, but I understand they have their place.

Will restarting Asterisk make it "responsive" or do you have an OS issue?

A very small nit -- single quotes should be infinitesimally more efficient
because the shell will not try to do parameter substitution within the
quoted string.

If the intent is to schedule a job to be run daily, how about "@daily"
instead of "0 4 * * *"

--