[asterisk-users] 1 second Audio Lag

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Jul 28 09:52:01 CDT 2010

Hi!

> I'm working for Zoiper, you can contact us directly on support at zoiper.com
> Zoa
>
> > I will do a test call from a soft phone to my mobile. I can speak into
> > my headset and the audio is heard instantly. But if I speak into my
> > mobile there is a 1-2 second delay in the Audio. I am using SIP.
> >
> > I am only finding it in the Zoiper Softphones that we are using. We are
> > able to make a call without lag on the X-lite softphone no problem.

This looks very similar:
https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=17404

0017404: [regression] audio delay when bridging calls related to
timestamp mismatch

"when answering an inbound call, the remote party hears a delay from 1-3
seconds. The audio is being transmitted, but the rtp timestamps take a
huge jump when the call is answered even though the rtp sequencing is
correct. This started occurring after 1.4.28. reproduced with 1.4.30,
1.4.32 and SVN from 05/25/2010."

related to 0017007: [patch] RTP Timestamp changes after transfer, but
SSRC not and the markerbit ist not set (one-way audio after transfer)

Philipp