[asterisk-users] Passing Variables From Dial Macro To Parent Ruby

Zarko Zivanovic outlaw011 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 07:04:48 CDT 2010

Thanks to help from Jim Dickenson I managed to start a macro and get info
about the channel that picked up the call from my ruby script.

The only thing that I cant do so far, is capturing the ${CHANNEL} variable
in the ruby script that started the macro.

Is that variable accessible from the ruby script too or just from the macro?

Here's a snippet from my ruby script:

                        dial_params << "||M(testing)m(moh-0900-#{@moh_id})"
if moh_available?()

                        1.times do

                                r = $agi.exec('DIAL', dial_params)

                                r = $agi.get_variable('DIALSTATUS')

                                retry if r.message.include?('BUSY')

                        end

and further below:

$loc = "testing"

                                $my.query("UPDATE call_log SET
local='#{$loc}', endtime = NOW() WHERE id = #{call_log_id}")

Works fine, but as soon as I try:

$loc = ${CHANNEL} or something like that - it breaks. Any idea how to pass
that ${CHANNEL} to my ruby script and use it to update DB in that query?

Thanks a bunch !