[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Amazon Web Services

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Jul 28 01:31:13 CDT 2010

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010, Kyle Kienapfel wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Roderick A. Anderson
> <raanders at cyber-office.net> wrote:
>> Anyone tried installing Asterisk in a AWS server?

> It probably works as well as it does virtualized other ways. I've seen
> peoples opinions on how virtualizing asterisk is a bad idea and might
> have trouble related to timing and hosting conferences.

I am successfully running asterisk in a virtualised environment - sort of,
it's LXC - one kernel, multiple containers. MeetMe demos worked OK,
although none of the current instances use it in anger. I have full
control over the host servers, so I can balance the number of instances
over physical servers better than just picking random server...

Gordon