[asterisk-users] Peculiar Polycom IP6000 behavior

Cassius Smith cassius at cassius.org
Tue Jul 27 13:57:37 CDT 2010

Here's a strange thing.

I'm deploying Asterisk 1.6.2.9 with a pile of Cisco 79xx phones. For
conference rooms we're using Polycom IP6000's. We bought two of them
brand new.

When I configure one phone with a username(SPIDR-3758)/password , it
works fine. The other phone won't register with it's
user(SPIDR-3749)/pass pair. When I try to use the first phone with the
second user/pass pair, it won't work with that pair either.

So, you'd think something was wrong with my sip.conf. I deleted the
second entry and re-did it with new text. Still no joy.
[SPIDR-3758](caryspider)
mailbox=3758 at default
The above entry works, but:

[SPIDR-3749](caryspider)