[asterisk-users] How to transfer a call to operator using FAGI asterisk

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Tue Jul 27 09:06:39 CDT 2010

El 27/07/10 07:12, Janu Mukherjee escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I have xlite client registered with a user. Now i dial an extension
> say 1500 which
> has the dial plan as follows.
> exten==>1500,1,AGI("localhost//hello.agi")
>
> So when i dial extenstion 1500 the script hello.agi is invoked which
> in turn
> plays a welcome message. I now want to transfer the call now to operator.
> How can i achieve this???Please help me in this regard
> Thanks & Regards,
> Jahnavi.
Ok so you read Tzafrir's link hehe... not so urgent huh?

This is easy, if you want to do this inside the AGI, use the AGI
commands "set context", "set extension" and "set priority" to set where
you want the call to continue when the AGI finishes. If you use a
library to handle the AGI communication like Asterisk-Java or PHPAGI,
there are one line commands to achieve this.

Finally, if you don't have control of your AGI and you need to make the
transfer outside the AGI, simply do a Goto after the AGI to transfer the
call where you need.

Even asterisk itself gives you help:

*CLI> agi show set context
*CLI> agi show set extension