[asterisk-users] Configuring X-lite for a remote user

Hugo Serrano hugo.serrano at javali.pt
Tue Jul 27 04:01:15 CDT 2010

Hi.

Don't know if you have static public IP, but guess not, so you will have
to configure one dynamic dns service.

There's some services available like www.no-ip.com or www.dyndns.com. I
know that no-ip.com got a linux client, that you can install on your
Asterisk server.

Then you have to forward SIP and RTP ports to your Asterisk machine, in
your router and configure the remote x-lite to connect to your dns name.

With this you friend will always connect to the same dns name, that will
be point to your dynamic ISP address, updated by the no-ip, or whatever,
client.

Regards!

On 27/07/10 02:14, Adolphe Cher-aime wrote:
> To have your asterisk box reachable from internet you must configure
> static nat on your router to get sip traffic to the public Ip
> redirected to your internal ip. Make sure that sip and rtp traffic are
> not bloked by firewall.
>
> And configure xlite to connect to your public ip address.
>

> Adolphe Cher-aime
> From my Iphone
>
> On Jul 26, 2010, at 7:48 PM, ayodele abejide
> <ayodeleabejide at hotmail.com <mailto:ayodeleabejide at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> I have asterisk running at home, a friend  would be traveling out of
>> the country and I want him to be able to put a call through from his
>> remote location, I am wondering how I would configure the X-lite
>> client on his pc so he would be able to call through assuming my
>> public address is A.B.C.D and the static address the asterisk machine
>> is on is 192.168.0.3.
>>
>> Thanks in anticipation

>> Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft’s powerful SPAM protection.
>> Sign up now. <https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?id=60969>
>> --

Hugo Serrano
Hugo.serrano at javali.pt

Javali
Administração e Desenvolvimento de Sistemas Informáticos, Lda.
Madan Parque            Edifício VI          Campus da FCT/UNL
Quinta da Torre           2829-516 Caparica           Portugal
Phone: +351 212949666                      Fax: +351 212948313
www.javali.pt                                   info at javali.pt