[asterisk-users] Fail2ban - SuSEfirewall

Mon Jul 26 17:09:20 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of John Novack
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 12:20 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Fail2ban - SuSEfirewall

Randy R wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Brent A. Torrenga<lists at torrenga.com>  wrote:
>>
>Why isn't the Asterisk box on a static IP on the LAN? That seems to be asking for trouble using DHCP.

Not really; the trick is to assign an fixed IP address to the Mac address (with a host statement in ISC DHCP, or a reservation in Windows DHCP). I am a big fan of centralized management, so I prefer to do that rather than have static IP addresses on the network (except of course where absolutely essential).

For the OP: maybe a workaround is to assign a fixed IP address from your DHCP server and use a very long lease time?