[asterisk-users] PBX Lua with Asterisk ODBC

Matthew Nicholson mnicholson at digium.com
Mon Jul 26 14:32:33 CDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-07-26 at 17:43 +0100, Bruce McAlister wrote:
> Ahh ok, so I am only able to access the application/functions that are
> available to the dialplan.
>
> I was wondering if it would be possible to access the handle of the odbc
> connection directly from the lua dialplan.

Currently there is no way to directly access the odbc connection handle
directly from pbx_lua.  You can use a library like LuaSQL to connect
directly to a database from pbx_lua, but you are probably be better off
using asterisk's ODBC tools via func_odbc.  That is the closest you can
get to directly accessing the connection handle.

--
Matthew Nicholson
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer