[asterisk-users] asterisk app_fax, T.30, weird received faxes

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Mon Jul 26 08:54:24 CDT 2010

  On 07/26/2010 11:57 AM, Alexander Aksarin wrote:
> On 20:59 Fri 23 Jul     , Steve Underwood wrote:
>> That's just how your images look for me, so I guess your problem is
>> described here http://www.soft-switch.org/spandsp_faq/ar01s09.html
>>
>> Steve
> Big thanks for your help, Steve. I tried feh, gqview, gimp and "pages
> look an odd shape". Can you say what image viewer you use for tiff?
I suppose I should make a list of known good packages, and put it on
that FAQ page.

GIMP is useless for FAX. Not only does it get the shape of the images
wrong, it can only display the first page of a FAX. I am not familiar
with gqview or feh.

The package I usually use to display FAXes on Linux/BSD machines is
okular. That seems to behave very well, unless you have a really old
version.

Steve