[asterisk-users] Proprietary add-ons for Asterisk 1.8

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Jul 26 05:54:55 CDT 2010

On 07/25/2010 02:47 PM, Richard Kenner wrote:
> At what stage will there be versions of the G.729 codec, res_cepstal,
> skypeforasteric, Vestec, etc that'll work with 1.8?  It would be good if
> people using that software could participate in the Beta.

We don't normally produce versions of our binary addons for a new
release until it reaches the 'release candidate' stage, since up until
that time there is the potential for APIs to change that would
necessitate rework and rebuilding of the modules. This does mean that
some users can't help with beta testing, which is unfortunate, but it's
also a way to reduce the burden on our development team during the beta
testing period.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com