[asterisk-users] Optimize peers registration under jitter/delay.

Catalin S. jonsonplayer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 05:16:46 CDT 2010

Hello,

I want to optimize my registrations and calls of peers to my asterisk
with the following options in sip.conf:

---///---
qualify = yes
qualify = 500
qualifyfreq=5
registerattempts = 0
registertimeout = 10
maxexpiry = 60
minexpiry = 20
defaultexpiry = 600
---///---

Can someone more experienced with these settings to help me to
optimize connections from peers with mobile phone that using operator
Internet with delay/jitter conditions?

I chooses values above after many tests but still have some problems:

- from time to time peers have lagged connections... maximum time to
re register is 10 seconds... can i minimize that or refresh without
unregister and re register?
i want that users to be as much as he can online even in delay/jitter
conditions. Of course if is response time too much like over 1000,
2000 ms i prefer to re register if it can.

- is any connection between these timers for keepalive connections ,
re register etc... and choppy sounds/sometimes interrupted/nosy,  in
an active call? If yes how can i optimize both things:
to hav' a good sound and to keepalive connections for peers.

Thank you very much for support... please feel free to ask me any
question or misunderstanding of this mail, and I'll email you with
more detail.