[asterisk-users] Cisco 7960 phone can't leave a queue

Sun Jul 25 17:48:00 CDT 2010

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of mstults tds.net
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2010 3:38 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Cisco 7960 phone can't leave a queue

I recently inherited an Asterisk system (PBX in a Flash, based on Asterisk 1.4 and FreePBX). The phones are mostly Cisco 7960 phones with the SIP firmware.

The Asterisk setup relies heavily on queues with dynamic agents. The problem I am having is that on SOME (but not all) the Cisco phones, the phone will not allow dialing a second *. As a result, the agent can log in to queue 600 by dialing 600* but cannot log out again with 600**.

Is this due to a setting on the phone, or within Asterisk? I suspect it is on the phone, since not all devices are affected.

I'd appreciate help with tracking down which setting might cause this!

Thanks!

I would also check to see if they are static members.  That would explain why some can leave and some can't.

Mike

Most people indeed are static members, but this problem only affects dynamic members. It is really a dialing issue, not a queue issue (the phone won't let them dial the second *).

Thanks for the thought!