[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8.0-beta1 is Now Available!

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Sat Jul 24 15:09:34 CDT 2010

At 12:23 PM 7/24/2010, you wrote:
>At 10:01 AM 7/24/2010, you wrote:
> >The version of gcc is most definitely related to this problem,
> although it is
> >the linker that is the problem.  My recommendation for solving this problem
> >is to use 'make menuselect' to eliminate any modules that you do not wish
> >to load, then ensure modules that you definitely want (app_stack,
> >app_voicemail) are selected.  Follow that up by eliminating all "noload"
> >statements from /etc/asterisk/modules.conf and Asterisk should load fine.
>
>I wonder if this is a problem with my old modules.conf. I'll rename
>it and see if that clears up the problem.

So I changed modules.conf to only include the line "autoload=yes" and
lo and behold 1.8 is happily up and running so all I might suggest is
a a warning about checking modules.conf if you get odd unexpected
errors when upgrading to 1.8.

Is it worth my figuring out which noload lines caused my problem or
is that enough information to clear up the question?  I'm happy to do
it, but it doesn't seem like it would actually be useful information.

Ira