[asterisk-users] Exchange UM Play on Phone

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 11:07:46 CDT 2010

I haven't been successful in getting this to work. The issue looks to
be that Asterisk is wanting peer authentication for the invite request
as it sends back 401 Unauthorized.  I am using FreePBX 2.7 and have
tested both Asterisk 1.6.1.18 and 1.6.2.9. My trunk settings are

type=peer
transport=tcp
qualify=yes
insecure=port,invite
host=10.10.1.31
context=from-internal

Here is snippets of the SIP debug output. I added in the debug "Peer
has insecure flags" to see what was happening.

INVITE sip:2001 at voip.mydomain.net;user=phone SIP/2.0
FROM: ""<sip:2001 at exch.testdev.local;user=phone>;epid=079E8F8013;tag=849256682
TO: <sip:2001 at voip.mydomain.net;user=phone>
Sending to 10.10.1.31 : 19219 (no NAT)
Using INVITE request as basis request - 5c97e0f0-5456-4b82-a7f4-e7f2adeba338
Found peer '2001' for '2001' from 10.10.1.31:19219
Peer has insecure flags no

SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized

Due to Exchange making the call from / to the same valid extension
Asterisk is wanting authentication for the 2001. I thought by using
host and insecure in the trunk settings if the from address matched
the host it would use that as the peer. Alternatively I couldn't find
the option to tell Exchange to make the call from a different
extension. In looking at an anonymous call Asterisk doesn't have a
peer for the from number so it looks in from-sip-external.

INVITE sip:1112223333 at voip.mydomain.net SIP/2.0
From: "1112223333" <sip:1112223333 at voip.remotedomain.com>;tag=as1c8404f3
To: <sip:2223334444 at voip.mydomain.net>
Sending to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx : 5060 (no NAT)
Using INVITE request as basis request -
29989544375bf8a162da163d1d9df8bd at voip.remotedomain.com
No matching peer for '1112223333' from 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060'
Looking for 2223334444 in from-sip-external (domain voip.mydomain.net)

Thanks,
Ryan