[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8.0-beta1 is Now Available!

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Fri Jul 23 21:36:59 CDT 2010

At 07:08 PM 7/23/2010, you wrote:
>Rather then tell us it did not work, post a debug log showing the issue.
>
>A side from that did you read the UPGRADE.txt and CHANGES file located
>in the source directory?

At least to see if anything seemed to mention gosub or DAHDI. Had
there been some obvious to me indication of why DAHDI might have
stopped working I would have kept going, but given there were no
errors, I'm not that good with linux and it's my business' phone
system I wasn't willing to leave it down.

Well, looking at messages turned up these, maybe it will help?

WARNING[28505] loader.c: Error loading module 'chan_dahdi.so':
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_dahdi.so: undefined symbol:
ast_smdi_interface_unref
WARNING[28505] loader.c: Error loading module 'app_stack.so':
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_stack.so: undefined symbol: ast_agi_unregister
WARNING[28505] loader.c: Error loading module 'func_aes.so':
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/func_aes.so: undefined symbol:
ast_aes_set_decrypt_key
WARNING[28505] loader.c: Error loading module 'app_voicemail.so':
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_voicemail.so: undefined symbol:
ast_smdi_mwi_message_destroy

Also, the only way I know to go between 1.62 and 1.8 is "make
install" which seems like it takes a really long time when the system is down.

Given any hint of what to do that might get dahdi working I'll try
again. I've been a beta tester a fair amount of my life and
understand the pitfalls.

I don't figure the gosub issue would be much of a problem, no worse
than moving extensions.conf from 1.2 to 1.6 but without phone lines,
it didn't seem like a worthwhile use of my time.

Ira