[asterisk-users] Poor-man's paging through multiple phones?

Peter Pauly ppauly at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 09:32:40 CDT 2010

We're mostly Cisco CallManager with some SIP and Asterisk.

I want someone at one of our locations to be able to dial and number
and have Asterisk simultaneously dial several Call-Manager extensions
which are set to auto-answer and talk into the phone creating a sort
of paging system.

We have informacast, but it is too cumbersome for the users.

I know Asterisk can ring several phones at the same time... if one of
them answers, the others stop right?