[asterisk-users] ringback tone after MOH, before queue member bridged

adamk at 3a.hu adamk at 3a.hu
Fri Jul 23 02:34:57 CDT 2010

Good morning,

i've noticed many times that there are IVRs that play a ring tone just
before bridging me to an agent.  My asterisk does not behave like this
but i've always wanted to.

I'm now playing with 1.6.2.9 and i've read in queue's doc:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Queue

R — stops moh and rings once an agent is ringing (Asterisk Trunk)

(in queue's optinal parameters).

Could someone please explain this line to me?  I've set this option, i
have a softphone and an ATA registered to *, pure SIP, nothing more.
It's not working, either i'm using the r option, which disables MOH and
just rings, or i'm using R which gives me MOH but no ringing.

It's nothing major, it just would be nice to have.

thanks
adam