[asterisk-users] POE Splitters

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Thu Jul 22 22:31:51 CDT 2010

Sometimes it doesn't matter what the device actually draws as much as
what it declares itself to be to the upstream switch. For example, most
polycom phones draw under 9 watts but in practice they declare
themselves to the switch as requiring the full 15.4 watts allowed by
802.11af class 1.

I've seen but never used the 3Com Netjacks, which seem like a possibly
nice solution to this kind of problem. They not only accept inbound
POE, but can have their own power supply and provide POE to several
downstream devices.

Michael

--Original Message Text---
From: bruce bruce
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 19:09:07 -0400

The Aastra 53i draws only 2 Watts from a Linksys 24 port POE switch. 25
phones is around 55 Watts.

-Bruce

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Andrew Latham <lathama at gmail.com>